Every Language Focus
Every programming language carries focus on a problem space that is naturally good at solving. You would think that we pick languages as we focus on problems, but I am not 100% sure this is the case. There is definitely seeking best tool for the job, but it is also that certain tools inspire our thinking and focus on a problem in certain way.
You could say for sure that if we stayed with C++ our approach to internet as whole would be drastically different.
- Java - design patterns
- Php - blogs, content management
- Ruby - TDD discipline, Domain Specific Languages, Happines
- Python - Machine learning, Robots
- Lisp - Weirdness, left wrist injury (due to Emacs)
- Haskell - Excessive purity, Monads
I don’t want to elaborate too much why things are, just want to observe interesting pattern. For example, Java was created as universal language to be available on every pattern, to be OO and modern. Verbosity that came with it, created need to recongnize and use Design Patterns as a way to communicate complex patterns.